CONCORD, N.H. —Prosecutors said Tuesday that they have identified five possible victims in the case of a Tilton man accused of sexually assaulting girls at a Northfield community center.
Robert Magoon, 73, is facing three new charges: two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault and one count of simple assault. Prosecutors said the charges involve three girls and events that occurred while Magoon was working part-time at the Pines Community Center.
“We certainly have concerns for the safety and well-being of the public in general and the victims specifically,” Assistant Merrimack County Attorney Marianne Ouellet said. “I can also reveal to the court that this matter remains under investigation. There are further interviews scheduled for this week with perhaps further victims.”
Magoon was arrested earlier this month on three other charges of sexual assault that authorities said involved two girls at Pines.
Prosecutors told the court that in July 2015, the director of Pines told Magoon to stay away from the students and not go into the game room, but Magoon ignored those orders.
“The police department has been able to obtain recent footage from the Pines,” Ouellet said. “In this recent video, surveillance does indicate that the defendant did have female students sitting on his lap in the game room. Once again, the game room (was) the prohibited area.”
Prosecutors said that Magoon told police he would have girls sit on his lap to color.
“And the defendant further said that he had given gifts to some of the girls that had sat on his lap, and he also said that some of the girls that he gave gifts to were some of the victims that are alleged in the six complaints currently before the court,” Ouellet said.
Bail was set at $150,000 cash-only.